COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information for Patients
Contact your healthcare provider by phone before coming to a clinic or hospital if you meet the following criteria:
Symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath and
Travel to countries with coronavirus alerts within 14 days of onset of symptoms or
Contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 within 14 days of onset of systems
This clinic operates under a SLIDING SCALE model. This means that it MAY NOT be free depending on your income. You will be required to prove financial need in order to receive free services or services at a reduced cost. This is a health care center funded by the federal government. This means even if you have no insurance you can be covered. The center is also income based for those making an income. This health center can cover services such as checkups, treatment, pregnancy care (where applicable), immunizations and child care (where applicable), prescription medicine and mental and substance abuse where applicable. Contact them at the number provided for full details. Central Iowa Shelter And Services is a Community Health Center. Central Iowa Shelter And Services is a Homeless Health Center. In order to get more information on this clinic, click on the icons below. You may be required to join for free in order to access full contact information.
Central Iowa Shelter & Service's mission is to provide free shelter and meals to homeless adults regardless of physical or emotional conditions, and to facilitate their move toward self-sufficiency.
The goal of the expanded Health Assistance Project is to improve access to primary and preventive health care and related services for physically vulnerable, mentally ill and chemically dependent homeless women and men who arrive at the shelter each year.
The project provides:
1) A weekly on-site medical clinic staffed by Primary Health Care;
2) Monthly, on-site visits by Broadlawns Dental Clinic for examinations and evaluations;
3) Transit assistance for preventive and primary healthcare and follow-up;
4) Placement assistance and referrals for Social Security Insurance, Medicare, handicap accessible housing, veterans' benefits and other supportive medical services;
5) Daytime sheltering options and noontime meals for health-impaired guests; and 6) A Health Assistance Fund to assist guests with prescription and over-the-counter medications, oral health treatment and services, eye care and vision aids; HIV/STD/AIDS/Hepatitis testing, and similar items and services.
Crowd Source Service Rates - Let Our Users Know If You Paid During Your Visit
Have you visited Central Iowa Shelter And Services before? Let our users know, some cost details!
|Be the first to add a price for services! No rates have been added.|