About Jackson Health System North Dade Health Center
This clinic operates under a SLIDING SCALE model.
This means that it MAY NOT be free depending on your income.
You will be required to prove financial need in order to receive free services or services at a reduced cost.
In order to get more information on this clinic, click on the icons below. You may be required to join for free in order to access full contact information.
This organization offers FREE STD TESTING. This may not be a clinic that offers other medical services.
Monday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Chlamydia Test
- Conventional HIV Blood Test
- Free HIV Testing
- Gonorrhea Test
- Herpes Test
- Syphilis Test
Jackson Health System's financial assistance policy is designed to be consistent with our mission to ensure that all residents of Miami-Dade County receive a single high standard of care regardless of their ability to pay. Anyone in need of critical or emergency health care may receive such care regardless of financial status or ability to pay.
It is the policy of the Public Health Trust and Jackson Eligibility Management to provide Financial Assessment to unfunded or uninsured patients seeking financial assistance. Unfunded patients will be interviewed for a potential funding source including federal, state, county and/or charity care. Jackson Health System (JHS) follows the Federal Poverty Guidelines to qualify patients for charity. Patients who are potentially eligible for charity care and reside in Miami-Dade County are required to complete an interview and sign the Jackson Charity Care and Grant Programs application.
A patient's financial benefits and classification is determined by:
- Proof of county residency and Citizenship/Immigration status
- Proof of patient's family unit size
- Proof of family unit gross income in relation to current Federal Poverty Guidelines. Charity plan code classification and patient fee responsibility is issued using a sliding fee scale based on income and current Federal Poverty Guidelines up to 300%.
- Additional patient provided documentation as listed in the brochure called œFinancial Assistance for Medical Care .
Since this is a sliding fee scale clinic, we have provided the Federal Poverty Guidelines below. Visit the Jackson Health System North Dade Health Center website listed above to see what the level is needed for free care.
Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2021
|Persons In Family Household
||Poverty Guideline Salary per year
For Households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.
*Alaska and Hawaii have different rates for HUD federal poverty guidelines.
These numbers above represent 100% of the Federal Poverty Rate. In order to get reduced or free services from some clinics, they use a sliding fee scale based on your income.
When they use a sliding fee scale, the 100% rate can be different than 100%. In those cases, using for example a 200% federal poverty level, you will only need double the 100% number listed above to 200%.
COVID-19 Information for Patients
Contact your healthcare provider by phone before coming to a clinic or hospital if you meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, fatigue, headache
- Symptoms such as muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose.
- Contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 within 14 days of onset of systems
Mild Covid Symptoms
- Low-grade fever (approx 100 degrees Fahrenheit for adults)
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Mild, dry cough
- Mild body aches
Moderate Covid Symptoms
- Fever above 100.4 F
- Persistent cough
- Temporary shortness of breath when you exert yourself
- Exhaustion, need to stay in bed
Severe Covid Symptoms
- Constant trouble breathing
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
- Trouble staying awake
- Blue lips or face
Health Care Center