300 Southwest Blvd.
kansas city, KS - 66103
In order to get more information on this clinic, click on the icons below. You may be required to join for free in order to access full contact information.
The JayDoc Free Clinic exists to provide quality healthcare to the underserved populations of Greater Kansas City, while creating invaluable opportunities for students at the University of Kansas to enhance their education in the health professions.
The purpose of the JayDoc Free Clinic is to promote health and wellness by providing quality services, at no charge, to people without access to basic care.
The general clinic is open Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-9 p.m., patients must arrive by 5 p.m. in order to be seen. That said, patient intake at JayDoc is not first-come, first-serve; we receive the patients whose needs our team is best suited to serve, and we counsel remaining patients as to their best options for medical care.
• Non-emergency urgent care
• Diabetes care: We provide a medical home to diabetic patients where they can be managed and followed over time. Services include laboratory work-ups, treatment as it becomes available, and education on appropriate diet and nutrition. Patients are referred to Diabetes Night after first being seen by the general clinic.
• Eye exams and referrals: Jaydoc Ophthalmology Night provides eye health evaluations to all of our patients. Our team will give recommendations necessary to help our patients maintain excellent vision. Exams offered include testing for glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, cataracts, and more. Referrals are made for patients who require surgeries or more serious follow-ups. In addition, the clinic is also able to provide glasses for patients at low to no cost.
• Gynecologic screening
• Prenatal care
• Dental care: JayDoc has paired with UMKC School of Dentistry to provide dental care. Patients must be screened and appointed to receive treatment with Dental Night. Dental services provided include consultations, tooth extractions, and fillings for all ages.
• Prescription medications
• Laboratory tests can be performed on site if warranted during the visit. We are unable to see referrals for labs only.
• Sexually-transmitted infection testing and treatment
• Medical home, specialty care, and imaging referrals
• Free HIV screening and counseling
In addition to medical care, we also offer the following services:
• Disease-specific and dietary information
• Applications and aid for social services and support programs: click here for more information
• Outreach services and programs for schools and adolescents
• Behavioral health care
• Free exercise and wellness programs: click here for more information
Since this is a sliding fee scale clinic, we have provided the Federal Poverty Guidelines below. Visit the JayDoc Free Clinic website listed above to see what the level is needed for free care.
|Persons In Family Household||Poverty Guideline Salary per year|
For Households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.
*Alaska and Hawaii have different rates for HUD federal poverty guidelines.
These numbers above represent 100% of the Federal Poverty Rate. In order to get reduced or free services from some clinics, they use a sliding fee scale based on your income.When they use a sliding fee scale, the 100% rate can be different than 100%. In those cases, using for example a 200% federal poverty level, you will only need double the 100% number listed above to 200%.
Contact your healthcare provider by phone before coming to a clinic or hospital if you meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, fatigue, headache
- Symptoms such as muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose.
- Contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 within 14 days of onset of systems
Mild Covid Symptoms
- Low-grade fever (approx 100 degrees Fahrenheit for adults)
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Mild, dry cough
- Mild body aches
Moderate Covid Symptoms
- Fever above 100.4 F
- Persistent cough
- Temporary shortness of breath when you exert yourself
- Exhaustion, need to stay in bed
Severe Covid Symptoms
- Constant trouble breathing
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
- Trouble staying awake
- Blue lips or face
Do you have a question about JayDoc Free Clinic?
Ask below or help other by answering a question you might know the answer to.
CardiacAnonymous on Sunday, February 3, 2019( 0 votes )
Back painAnonymous on Tuesday, January 15, 2019( 0 votes )
Bruised hipAnonymous on Saturday, December 22, 2018( 0 votes )
Dentures asapAnonymous on Saturday, December 8, 2018( 0 votes )
blood pressureAnonymous on Wednesday, December 5, 2018( 0 votes )
MiscarriageAnonymous on Friday, November 30, 2018( 0 votes )
Lower back painAnonymous on Friday, November 23, 2018( 0 votes )
UtiAnonymous on Wednesday, November 7, 2018( 0 votes )
Left leg painAnonymous on Sunday, October 28, 2018( 0 votes )
UtiAnonymous on Tuesday, October 9, 2018( 0 votes )
DenturesAnonymous on Friday, October 5, 2018( 0 votes )
GallstonesAnonymous on Saturday, August 4, 2018( 0 votes )
I have genital herpes, this outbreak is lasting longer than 8 days. I haven't been on any meds in a few years. I am unemployed and without insurance.Anonymous on Friday, July 6, 2018( 0 votes )
Stomach painAnonymous on Thursday, May 10, 2018( 0 votes )
Went to er and have x-rays but no drAnonymous on Sunday, October 28, 2018( 0 votes )
I have no insurance and need to be seenAnonymous on Tuesday, October 9, 2018( 0 votes )
I can't afford to pay for a full set of Dentures and I want to if you can help me!
Crowd Source Service Rates - Let Our Users Know If You Paid During Your Visit
|Be the first to add a price for services! No rates have been added.|
Have you visited JayDoc Free Clinic before? Let our users know, some cost details!
© 2008 - 2021 Free Clinics - Free Clinics
All Rights Reserved.